Adult Sunday School, 9:15am, Sherrill Hall
The Way of Love
Beginning Sunday, October 28th, from 9:15-10:15, Adult Education will be centered on ‘The Way of Love’, an initiative inaugurated by Presiding Bishop Michael Curry this year. To quote Presiding Bishop Curry, ‘The deep roots of our Christian tradition may offer just such a path. For centuries, monastic communities have shaped their lives around rhythms and disciplines for following Jesus together. Such a pattern is known as a “Rule of Life.” The framework you now hold – The Way of Love: Practices for Jesus-Centered Life – outlines a Rule for the Episcopal branch of the Jesus Movement.’ Over 7 weeks, we will explore the aspects of ‘The Way of Love’ as a means for individual and congregational transformation. Make plans to attend. Your life just might be changed. For more information, contact Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, October 28, 2018: TURN: Pause, listen and choose to follow Jesus
As Jesus was walking along, he saw Levi son of Alphaeus sitting at the tax booth, and he said to him, “Follow me.” And he got up and followed him. – Mark 2:14
“Do you turn to Jesus Christ …?” – Book of Common Prayer, 302
Like the disciples, we are called by Jesus to follow the Way of Love. With God’s help, we can turn from the powers of sin, hatred, fear, injustice, and oppression toward the way of truth, love, hope, justice, and freedom. In turning, we reorient our lives to Jesus Christ, falling in love again, again, and again.
For Reflection and Discernment
– What practices help you to turn again and again to Jesus Christ and the Way of Love?
– How will (or do) you incorporate these practices into your rhythm of life?
– Who will be your companion as you turn toward Jesus Christ?
Midweek Formation Opportunities:
Women Alive: Tuesday Mornings at 6:30, Sherill Hall
- For any women in the parish, this is a great time for discussion, good food, and Bible study.
Men’s Fellowship: Thursday Mornings at 7:00, Sherill Hall
- For any men in the parish, there is Bible study, coffee, and plenty of doughnuts.
Noonday Bible Study: Thursdays, 12 Noon, Library
- An in-depth study of Scripture, moving through various books of the Bible. Open to everyone.