Trinity on the Hill Episcopal Church is seeking a new Choirmaster. The Choirmaster (CM) at Trinity on the Hill (TOTH) is a part-time position (10-15 hours a week). The CM serves under the direction of the Rector and is responsible for the direction of the Chancel Choir and the Youth Choir. The compensation for the position is $10,000 per year, which is negotiable.
This position requires a person who is musically talented, flexible, creative, and willing to learn about the musical tradition of the Episcopal Church.
Preferably, applicants will have experience working with various age groups.
Please send a letter of interest, a resume, and three references to Trinity on the Hill Episcopal Church, Attn: Fr. Christopher Adams, 3900 Trinity Dr. Los Alamos, NM 87544
1. Provide choral direction for the 10:30 am service. In addition, provide choral direction for other services as agreed upon with the Rector.
2. Collaborate with the Rector and Organist to select appropriate hymns and anthems.
3. Arrange and conduct rehearsals with the choirs for services at a mutually agreed upon times and days with the choir members.
4. Arrange and conduct additional choir rehearsals for holidays and special events throughout the year.
5. Select choir pieces that are appropriate for the skills of the choir members, and are musically sound.
6. Help recruit new members for the choir.
7. Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with other staff members and musicians.
8. Be or become familiar with The Episcopal Church’s expression of worship and the Liturgical Calendar.
9. Ensure the maintenance the sheet music library, including pulling music from the files and putting it in the choristers’ numbered slots in the hall outside the loft. This is usually done by season. Anthems are selected based upon a particular Sunday’s lectionary readings and/or collect.
10. Collect, collate and re-file choir music after it has been used in a service.
11. Procure (within the allotted budget) new music for the choirs. When a new piece comes in, the CM catalogs the new piece in the database on the computer in the choir office.
12. Take the Safeguarding God’s Children course and submit to a background check (at the cost of the parish.)