Daily Prayer has long formed the bedrock of Christian Spirituality. In the Anglican Tradition, we call this the Daily Office. Below, you will find links to four distinct options for prayer. By clicking on each button, you will be taken to a page with a short prayer service along with readings from Scripture to meditate upon. There are several readings from Scripture, and you need not read them all each time you come here to pray. The Scriptures will change each day, while the prayer service will remain consistent.
To help you, I offer the following reflection questions you can use for each section of Scripture you encounter:
- What do you think is the key message of this chapter?
- What did you learn from this chapter?
- Which point in this chapter spoke to you the most?
- Do any of these truths written thousands of years ago apply today? If so, which ones? How do they apply?
- Is there something in this chapter that surprised you? If so, how were you surprised?
- In view of what we have read, what changes do you think God would want you to make in your attitude, words, or actions?
I hope and pray this draws you into deeper union with Jesus Christ.