TRINITY ON THE HILL EPISCOPAL CHURCH
Vestry Charge to the Search Committee
We, the Vestry of Trinity on the Hill Episcopal Church, appoint Bill Godwin (chair), Claudia Brookshire, Ellie Giovanielli, Andy Light, Michelangelo Lobato, Jo Moore, Maggie Moore, and Susan Sprake as the members of the Trinity on the Hill Search Committee for a New Rector.
We charge the Committee to:
- Seek the will of God for Trinity on the Hill Episcopal Church and this rector transition.
- Listen to God with open hearts.
- Pray daily for guidance, wisdom, and energy.
- Understand the congregation’s dreams, desires, and concerns regarding this transition.
- Work closely with the Vestry to lead the parish in imagining what we can become and do during the coming decades.
- Identify candidates to be the next rector of Trinity on the Hill Episcopal Church, who meet the selection criteria developed together by the Vestry, the Search Committee, and the congregation.
- Find good candidates wherever they may be.
- Based on deep mutual discernment with the candidates, present to the Vestry the person most likely to fit as an exceptional rector and partner in ministry for the next stage in our history.
- Plan your work carefully and conduct it prayerfully, thoroughly, and with alacrity.
- Work closely with the Vestry, provide regular updates of your progress, and work within timelines and budgets as agreed upon with the Vestry.
- Support the Vestry in its work through the transition, including any interim period between the former rector’s last day with the parish and such time as the next rector arrives and is integrated into the parish.
- Seek the counsel and support of the Bishop of the Diocese of the Rio Grande and the Diocesan Transition Minister through the search, discernment, and call process.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding candidates and discernment discussions.
- Comply with
- The Constitution and Canons of The Episcopal Church,
- The Constitution and Canons of the Diocese of the Rio Grande, and
- The Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Policies and Procedures of Trinity on the Hill Episcopal Church.
Margaret E. Odell, Senior Warden
on behalf of the Vestry